Note: All visible pages contain additional information once members login, plus members only information
Our Group now have a new on-line Bathurst Pioneer Register available click HERE for details.
If you would like to join our group, membership application details and sample information are available HERE
Our research centre is now open under a limited Covid-19 plan. See HERE for details
The Bathurst Family History Group Inc. was founded in 1984 by a small number of people who wanted to help each other to make progress with their family history research.
Details of our meetings and events are published on our events page and in our journal ‘Carillon Chimes’ which is posted to all members and is available in the members only section of this website. The group holds formal meetings with a guest speaker and less formal research gatherings and workshops regularly in our Family History Centre.
Members and non-members have access to the group’s extensive range of resources including books and journals, microfiche and CD-ROMs in our Family History Centre. Click here for details.These premises have Wi-Fi connected, which enables members to use either their tablets, laptops or the Groups computers to connect to the internet. Initially the Family History Centre will be open to members Mondays and Thursdays 10am – 1pm . Other indexes and resources are available in the members only section of this website.
The Group moved into new premises during 2019. For details of the location and opening times please click HERE.
The Group has a research team at the Bathurst Library on the 4th Tuesday afternoon from 1 pm to 3 pm to assist members, and the public with their family history research.
You are reminded that Membership fees of $25 are due for 2021/2022. See here for details
Our members were pleased to be able to meet again in person at the Seniors Centre on November 28, 2020, after nearly nine months of Covid-19 restrictions. We had 23 members present at the meeting plus another four who joined us on Zoom from as far away as Queensland. After our meeting Geoff Fry gave …
On March 15, Jan Page and Mary Smith conducted a very informative tour of Machattie Park for 26 members. The town block was first set aside in 1832 for public use, however most of the area was originally used from 1837 as a new goal and also from 1847 Bathurst’s first court house. The goal was later removed when a …
The findings of the GPR were presented to us on 14th March when Dr Steding presented her findings. A summary of her findings are listed below. For the full report log into the Members area here, then click on Miscellaneous Information DISCUSSION. (From Dr Louise Steding’s report) Do appear to be likely remnants of the female factory in Charlotte Street …
After our General Meeting on February 22, 2020 we had a presentation by Sharon Shelton on her new book on the Bridal Track to Hill End, she can be contacted on 0414 948 636 for details of its availability.