Machattie Park

On March 15, Jan Page and Mary Smith conducted a very informative tour of Machattie Park for 26 members. The town block was first set aside in 1832 for public use, however most of the area was originally used from 1837 as a new goal and also from 1847 Bathurst’s first court house. The goal was later removed when a …

Ground penetrating Radar Project – “Penetrating the Past”

 The findings of the GPR were presented to us on 14th March when Dr Steding presented her findings. A summary of her findings are listed below. For the full report log into the Members area here, then click on Miscellaneous Information DISCUSSION.  (From Dr Louise Steding’s report) Do appear to be likely remnants of the female factory in Charlotte Street …

Hill End – Bridle Track Book

After our General Meeting on February 22, 2020 we had a presentation by Sharon Shelton on her new book on the Bridal Track to Hill End, she can be contacted on 0414 948 636 for details of its availability.

New Book & USB releases

Jan Page has recently released her new book ‘From Flagpole to Carillon’ which is available through the Group. A number of other books have been reprinted (‘Feeding the Family’ & ‘Stories about the Bathurst Migrant Camp’): • All 200 issues of the Carillon Chimes are now available on a USB together with a search program that enables the searching of …

35th Anniversary Party

The Bathurst Family History Group on Saturday November 16, celebrated 35 years since its formation with a party held in the Senior Citizens Centre. This get-together was also the opportunity to have our new centre officially opened by the Local State Member of parliament Paul Toole, who had arranged a grant to assist in setting up our new premises.